Pool Marketing: 8 Great Ideas
Pool company marketing can be tough, but a little creativity can take your pool business a long way. Check out these 8 excellent ideas for pool company marketing below.
1) RETARGET YOUR ADS
In pool company marketing, retargeting is crucial. Rather than waiting for your ideal audience to find you, you can meet them wherever they are online. Using Facebook’s Custom Audiences or Google AdWords, you can place a snippet of code on your site that drops a cookie in your visitor’s web history. Then, your ads will be displayed to people who have already expressed an interest in your business and hopefully drive them back for another look.
2) TAP INTO VIDEO
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, so having video as part of your pool company marketing scheme can greatly increase your chances of being found online. Simple videos on pool cleaning and maintenance tips are highly searched and incredibly valuable to your audience.
Placing your company’s logo in the bottom corner of the video and linking to your site in the description box can help drive more traffic to your site and increase your visibility.
[An example of an informational video we created for one of our clients]
3) MAINTAIN A GOOD BLOG
It’s hard to deny the important role SEO plays in pool company marketing. These days, most people will Google a question before walking into a store and asking an expert. Answering those common queries will bump you up in search results and help you build trust with your target audience. Content Marketing is key to developing Expertise, Authority, and Trust.
4) USE INFOGRAPHICS
Internet users like to obtain information as quickly as possible. To help make your text more engaging and easier to follow, try incorporating infographics into your site to explain complicated ideas. Not only are they visually appealing, but they’re easy to share on social media as well.
An infographic is simply a large image full of information – or your information laid out in an attractive, visual format. Custom graphic design is more important than you know. No one says they would prefer “stock images” over professional and engaging custom graphic design, ever.
5) ASK CUSTOMERS FOR REFERRALS AND TESTIMONIALS
When customers have a positive experience with you, don’t be afraid to ask them to talk about it. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful pool company marketing tools you can use. Good customer service is essential.
Testimonials can be shared on social media, added to your site, or you can even offer a discount or perk to those “refer a friend”.
Testimonials are really crucial for a pool company due to several reasons:
- Building Trust: Testimonials serve as social proof that other customers have had positive experiences with the pool company. They help establish trust and credibility, especially for potential customers who may be hesitant about investing in a pool. Reading about the experiences and satisfaction of previous customers can alleviate doubts and create a sense of reliability.
- Demonstrating Expertise: Testimonials provide an opportunity for customers to highlight specific aspects of the pool company’s services that they found valuable or exceptional. This helps demonstrate the expertise, professionalism, and quality of work delivered by the company. Positive testimonials can showcase the pool company’s capabilities and reinforce its position as a reputable and knowledgeable provider in the industry.
- Influencing Decision-Making: When potential customers are researching pool companies, they often consider multiple options. Testimonials can significantly influence their decision-making process. Positive testimonials act as persuasive endorsements that can sway potential customers towards choosing one pool company over another. They provide real-life accounts of the benefits and satisfaction that other customers have experienced, making the decision-making process easier and more informed.
- Differentiating from Competitors: In a competitive pool industry, testimonials can serve as a competitive advantage. When potential customers compare different pool companies, testimonials can highlight unique selling points, exceptional customer service, or superior craftsmanship that sets the company apart from its competitors. They can contribute to a positive brand image and help the pool company stand out in a crowded market.
- Enhanced Online Presence: Testimonials can be displayed on the pool company’s website, social media platforms, and online directories. This user-generated content not only provides valuable information to potential customers but also contributes to the pool company’s online visibility and search engine optimization (SEO). Positive testimonials can generate more website traffic, improve organic search rankings, and attract potential customers through word-of-mouth recommendations.
Overall, testimonials are a powerful marketing tool for a pool company as they establish trust, showcase expertise, influence decision-making, differentiate from competitors, and enhance the company’s online presence. By leveraging positive customer experiences, a pool company can build a strong reputation and attract more customers.
6) ASK YOUR AUDIENCE TO INTERACT WITH YOU
Social media works best when it’s a two-way conversation. Invite your audience to interact with you on Facebook and Instagram by asking questions, inviting them to tag you in their posts, and offering online-only specials or competitions.
7) USE INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Inspirational quotes can be a bit cheesy, but when done right, are shared much more often than any other kind of post on social media. Posting images featuring quotes about summer fun, family time, or relaxation can help your audience associate your business with these positive themes and do wonders for your pool company marketing plan.
8) HIRE EWR DIGITAL AS YOUR POOL COMPANY MARKETING SERVICE
Finally, you should hire an expert marketing service. It’s hard to keep up with quality pool marketing on your own. If you’re looking for an expert in pool business SEO or other marketing services, EWR Digital can help. Contact us today and request a 20-minute call with one of our experts.
2023 Update: Additional Elements to Consider
Social Media Advertising: Explain the benefits of utilizing paid advertising on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads. Discuss how targeted ads can reach a broader audience and drive leads to your pool company.
Local SEO Optimization: Emphasize the importance of optimizing your online presence for local search. Highlight the use of Google My Business, local keyword targeting, and online reviews to improve local visibility and attract nearby customers.
Email Marketing: Discuss the role of email marketing in nurturing leads and maintaining customer relationships. Explain how pool companies can use email campaigns to share updates, promotions, and educational content with their subscribers.
Seasonal Marketing Campaigns: Address the significance of seasonal marketing for pool companies. Provide insights into how tailoring marketing efforts to match seasonal trends, such as pool opening and closing, can drive engagement and sales.
Content Calendar: Encourage pool companies to create a content calendar that outlines their marketing activities throughout the year. Explain how planning ahead can ensure consistent messaging and timely promotions.
Competitor Analysis: Suggest conducting competitor analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses in the marketing strategies of other pool companies in your region. Explain how this information can inform your own marketing efforts.
Customer Journey Mapping: Introduce the concept of customer journey mapping, where you visualize the customer’s path from awareness to purchase. Discuss how understanding this journey can help tailor marketing messages and strategies accordingly.
Analytics and Data Tracking: Stress the importance of tracking and analyzing marketing data to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. Explain how tools like Google Analytics can provide valuable insights into website traffic and user behavior.
Social Proof Strategies: Explore additional social proof strategies beyond testimonials, such as case studies, before-and-after photos, and certifications. Highlight how these elements can further build trust and credibility.
Community Engagement: Encourage pool companies to engage with their local communities. Discuss sponsorships, partnerships with local events, and charity initiatives as ways to connect with customers on a personal level.
Customer Loyalty Programs: Mention the benefits of implementing customer loyalty programs to retain existing clients. Explain how rewarding repeat business can lead to long-term success.
Continuous Learning: Emphasize the importance of staying updated on marketing trends and industry changes. Encourage pool company owners and marketers to attend workshops, webinars, and conferences to expand their knowledge.
Measuring ROI: Provide guidance on how to calculate the return on investment (ROI) for various marketing activities. Explain how understanding the ROI can help make informed decisions on budget allocation.
Legal and Compliance Considerations: Briefly touch on legal and compliance issues that may be relevant to pool company marketing, such as data privacy regulations and advertising standards.
8 Brilliant Pool Company Marketing Ideas | EWR Digital – Houston, TX