This post was written by guest contributor Walter Moore.
When Instagram started its journey as a photosharing app, some were very apprehensive about its success. Over time, however, Instagram has become a social media marketing powerhouse. It has become an extremely popular social media network with over 800 million active monthly users.
The fact that there are more than 8 million Instagram business accounts shows how truly useful and productive the platform is for promoting your business, products, and services.
Moreover, the wide base of creatives on Instagram can publish pictures, GIFs, and videos.
There are over 8 million business accounts on Instagram.
However, you will need to make sure that these pictures and videos are all high resolution and high quality. Most importantly, for the best results, any pictures and videos you post should be relevant to your business, products, and brand.
Getting Engagement on Instagram
Planning on using Instagram as your business marketing platform? Great! It’s important to know how to effectively use the platform, so read on to find out more.
- Integrate – Integrate your social media accounts to make the best use of all available social media channels and networks. Whether you want to integrate your Facebook accounts or Twitter accounts, it is only a strategic plan that will ensure success and high yields from your digital marketing endeavor.
- Balance Different Types of Content – Consider employing different types of content, rather than just pictures or just videos, when planning out your social media calendar. Make sure everything matches with your brand and is interesting to your audience. This will ensure you get the right level of engagement from your audience.
- Include Videos – If you haven’t gotten into video marketing, now is the time. Videos are extremely impactful if done correctly. Make sure your videos tell a compelling story to your audience regarding your brand, products, or services.
If you don’t currently have the resources to include videos in your Instagram posts, don’t fret! Focus on creating engaging images instead. Think about what interests your target audience and incorporate that into your social media marketing strategy.
Remember, high quality is the key for better composition for Instagram and therefore, do not haste your decision and decide on a final inclusion without spending enough time to create the best Instagram content possible.
Consider Supplementary Apps
You may or may not know that over and beyond the flagship app, Instagram also offers several other supplementary apps. They’re equally as good and will also help you gain more followers.
It will help you flex your creativity with your posts to ensure better engagement amongst your Instagram followers. The Instagram suite of apps includes:
- Hyperlapse: This is a specific app that allows users to shoot stop motion time lapse. When the camera moves within a short distance, the action between each of the shots taken is rapid.
- Layout: This is a special app that will allow you to combine the photos and videos that you wish to post in your Instagram account together in a single Instagram post. It is done through specific features of this app such as the mirrored landscapes and its custom layout.
- Boomerang: This works much like GIFs. It plays a short cut video forward as well as backwards repeatedly. This helps to create a feeling of nonstop motion.
When you use these additional apps with your Instagram account and integrate it with your other social media accounts, it will allow you to create even more unique and appealing content. Best of all, this doesn’t require special video production capabilities or having an expert in-house design team.
Ensure that you set up a more flexible content calendar to establish and maintain an active presence on Instagram. This will help you a great deal in determining the right frequency of posting.
- This specific approach will also help you to learn some of the best times and days to post on Instagram so that you can maximize your impact on your target audience.
- You will also need to develop a content calendar that will cycle through your content themes. This will effectively help you to integrate your campaigns across different social media channels and key dates.
Your editorial calendar is an important piece of the puzzle.
You will come across different Instagram scheduling features that will allow you to easily select, edit, and schedule all your Instagram posts right from the dashboard. Unfortunately you cannot schedule your posts directly from Instagram; however, Instagram scheduling apps like Gramblr can help you prepare your editorial calendar and share content easily well in advance.
It is found that the best content for Instagram usually occurs spontaneously, especially those that highlight company culture or discuss a recent event.
More flexibility in your content is always a good thing. Prepare your content ahead of time by using your editorial calendar and scheduling tools like Hootsuite or Gramblr. This will allow you to take full advantage of any other opportunities as they occur.
Prepare your content ahead of time.
If you focus on events, it’s essential to post quickly before enthusiasm dies down. Post while the topic is still hot and on your audience’s minds. This will help you take full advantage of the buzz in real time, thereby ensuring a better and higher level of social engagement.
All these tips will help you to move your Instagram marketing strategy onto the right path and get the maximum return on your investment.
Determining Content Medium & Ratio to Make the Best of Instagram and Social Media | eWebResults – Houston, TX