It’s been a few months now and your website has been using plenty of content marketing and on-page SEO. So why aren’t you getting the ranking you want? Was your friend really not kidding when he said you needed off-page SEO, too? Content plays a significant role in off-page SEO, particularly in the context of link building, social media, and online brand mentions.
If you’ve been using on-page SEO and content marketing and still don’t have the results you want, read on to learn on the benefits of content marketing through off-page SEO.
Content marketing is a powerful strategy that can elevate a brand in several ways:
- Building brand awareness: By creating and distributing valuable, informative, and entertaining content, a brand can capture the attention of its target audience. Consistently providing high-quality content helps establish the brand as a thought leader and expert in its industry, increasing brand visibility and recognition.
- Establishing credibility and trust: Content marketing allows a brand to showcase its expertise, knowledge, and unique perspective. By consistently delivering valuable content that addresses the needs and challenges of its audience, a brand can build trust and credibility. This fosters a positive brand perception and strengthens the relationship between the brand and its customers.
- Increasing audience engagement: Engaging content has the power to captivate and resonate with the target audience. By creating content that is relevant, entertaining, and shareable, a brand can encourage audience interaction, such as comments, likes, and shares. This interaction not only boosts brand visibility but also helps create a community of loyal and engaged followers.
- Driving website traffic and lead generation: Content marketing plays a crucial role in attracting organic traffic to a brand’s website. By optimizing content for search engines, brands can improve their visibility on search engine results pages and attract users actively seeking relevant information. Valuable content also encourages visitors to explore more of the brand’s offerings and increases the chances of generating leads and conversions.
- Enhancing brand positioning: Through strategic content marketing, a brand can shape its image, voice, and values in the minds of its audience. By consistently delivering content that aligns with the brand’s unique positioning, it can differentiate itself from competitors and establish a strong brand identity.
- Fostering customer loyalty and advocacy: Content marketing is not just about acquiring new customers; it also nurtures existing ones. By providing ongoing value to customers through informative and engaging content, a brand can deepen the relationship with its audience, encourage repeat business, and foster brand loyalty. Satisfied customers are more likely to become brand advocates, promoting the brand to their networks and expanding its reach.
In summary, content marketing helps elevate a brand by increasing brand awareness, establishing credibility and trust, driving engagement and website traffic, enhancing brand positioning, and fostering customer loyalty. By consistently delivering valuable and relevant content, a brand can build a strong and influential presence in its industry, ultimately leading to business growth and success.
Off-Page SEO deals with content that’s off your page but is connected to your brand.
So What is Off-Page SEO Exactly?
Here’s how content relates to off-page SEO:
- Link Building: Off-page SEO heavily relies on acquiring high-quality backlinks from reputable and relevant websites. The creation of exceptional content acts as a magnet, attracting other websites to link to it naturally. When your content is informative, valuable, and engaging, other webmasters and bloggers are more likely to reference and link to it in their own content. This helps to enhance your website’s authority and credibility in the eyes of search engines.
- Social Media Engagement: Off-page SEO involves leveraging social media platforms to promote your brand and content. By creating and sharing compelling content on social media, you can attract user engagement, including likes, shares, and comments. This engagement signals to search engines that your content is valuable and popular, potentially resulting in increased visibility and improved search engine rankings.
- Online Brand Mentions: Content that resonates with your target audience has the potential to generate online brand mentions. These mentions occur when other websites or social media users mention your brand or cite your content without necessarily linking to your website. While these mentions may not provide direct links, they still contribute to building your brand’s online presence and reputation, which can indirectly influence your search engine rankings.
Guest Blogging: Guest blogging is an off-page SEO tactic where you contribute articles to other websites as a guest author. This strategy allows you to showcase your expertise, reach a wider audience, and obtain backlinks to your own website. When you create valuable and informative guest posts, it not only helps establish your authority but also drives traffic back to your website. This you have be really careful it this and never BUY a backlink. I do not suggest this strategy anymore as you don’t want Google to think you are from a bad neighborhood. Remember if you are even two jumps from a way from a spammer site you will likely get a algorithmic penalty for it.
In summary, content is closely intertwined with off-page SEO. It acts as a catalyst for link building efforts, encourages social media engagement, drives online brand mentions, and fuels guest blogging opportunities. By producing high-quality and relevant content, you can effectively support your off-page SEO initiatives and improve your website’s overall visibility and authority.
In basic terms, off-page SEO is search engine optimization that’s happening off your page. Off-page SEO can be:
Okay, So What Does This Have to Do With My Site?
Once, more than a year ago, I attended a job search seminar. As the seminar speaker was mentioning the importance of setting up a LinkedIn profile someone said,” Do I have to set up a LinkedIn profile?” The seminar speaker nodded.
“I used to think like you,” she said. “I worked hard and thought that was enough. Until I realized that if I didn’t put my story on the internet, someone else would and who knows what they’d say.”
Off-page SEO is the same thing. If you don’t control what is said about your brand, someone else might and who knows what they’ll say.
With off-page SEO you can be in control of your brand and correct any misconceptions out there so people will know the truth about your business.
Lead the Conversation About Your Business
So how do you lead the conversation about your brand and continue to build brand authority?
By putting your brand name out there through any of the options listed above. A good example is guest posting. Suppose you’re a personal finance consultant and you notice an interesting trend you’d like to write about. You could create a post about that financial trend on a prominent finance advice website such as Banking Sense or Wise Bread.
The more you put your brand name on websites people trust, the more people will trust you. Not only that, but with enough off-page mentions, Google will start to see that your brand and your website are worth a higher ranking. With the right guest posts and backlinks, your website will gain visibility and business.
Get the Content Marketing and Off-Page SEO You Need Today!
Find out more by talking to the experts today! We’ll craft you a marketing plan that works for you to increase your ranking and grow your business!
EWR Digital is a great advertising agency that’s been helping businesses grow since opening its doors in 1999. Get to know us better. Interested in a 20-minute call with one of our digital marketing experts?
Off-Page SEO: Content Marketing | EWR Digital – Houston, TX