Anyone with a Law Firm knows hiring a marketing team can get expensive. The question is, do you need to hire someone for your law firm marketing? Absolutely!
With any business, what is the one thing you need?
Plain and simple, you need customers. It gives us a reason to get up in the morning, drive to the office, turn the lights on, make payroll and all the myriads of tasks that we do as business owners.
How You Can Market Your Law Firm
However, there are a lot of great things you can do on your own to help with your law firm’s marketing.
1. Reminders – Everyone knows people need to be reminded, but most lawyers believe if you just do good work people will give you their business. In an ideal world, of course that would be true – but unfortunately reality means you need to be reminding people of how great your business is.
2. Make Contacts – Every week, your law firm should be calling 3-5 potential referrals. No matter how busy you are, you need to be making calls and setting up meetings.
3. Blogs – If your legal practice isn’t writing a blog a month about legal advice or your law firm, you should be, this is a great way to put out useful information, and it is a great SEO practice.
4. Cards – You should be sending out greeting cards, whether it’s a clients birthday, Christmas or maybe a holiday tied to your client’s specific job, these are great ways to show someone you care and it will separate you from other law firms.
5. Target Market – Research who your target market is, and where the decision-makers are in that market.
6. Persona – Don’t be fake, be who you say you are, don’t adopt a false marketing persona.
Your attitude will go a long way in determining your success, your recognition, your reputation, and your enjoyment in being a lawyer. – Joe Jamail
7. Marketing Plan – If you like to write, develop some type of electronic or print newsletter. If you connect better with people one on one, consider volunteer work with an activity that complements your practice.
8. Business Cards – Hand out business cards! It’s simple. If you’re out at a networking event, hand out your card, and also ask for their card in return.
9. Networking – Attend events. Lawyers only refer cases to people they know, and if they don’t see you, they won’t think of you. Remember, it doesn’t have to be a networking event specific to lawyers.
10. Social Media – Post on social media daily! You can schedule a post with services like Hootsuite. Be careful when posting,, though. If you have work during those scheduled times, a client may think you’re tweeting while you’re defending a deposition. Tweet responsibly!
Law Firm Marketing Strategy
Still wondering if you should hire an internet marketing agency? The answer is still yes!
Law firm marketing – or any marketing for that matter – takes time. Just know that there are things you can be doing in the meantime. Even if your law firm isn’t quite big enough to hire a marketing team, you should still focus on marketing.
11. Endorsements – There are lots of great ways to endorse someone, whether through LinkedIn, or maybe a review site. Remember, don’t wait for them to ask for one; do it on your own.
12. Video – Make videos, show off your office, give an overview of your services, and get a testimonial. Most people would rather watch a short video about your law firm rather than reading about it, just make sure its professional.
13. Follow-Up – When you meet someone, always follow up with a simple email including the time and location of where you met and what you talked about. It’s a great way to reach out to someone who may have forgotten you and keep your business top of mind.
14. Job Description – When meeting people give them a brief description of what you do, rather than stating your title. Think about a 30 second commercial or your elevator pitch.
15. Logo – Share your logo, make sure you have your logo on fliers, business cards, or any other kind of merch your law firm may have.
It always seems impossible until it’s done – Nelson Mandela
16. Optimize – You should be optimizing your website and social media. This will increase awareness of your business by using social media or your website, and it has many benefits
17. Review Sites – Make sure your law firm is on all the top review sites, also look at review sites that are lawyer specific. The more reviews you have the better. Reach out to clients and have them leave you a review.
18. Join a Group – Look at different groups, they don’t have to be law specific, this is a great way to network and get referrals.
19. Promotions – A holiday promotion is a great way to gain business, offer something like a free referral or free consultations.
20. Sponsor – Become a sponsor, anything from your local chamber of commerce to a little league team, this is a great way to show off your law firms logo and it shows you’re giving back.
Do you still need a marketing team? Yes!
Your law firm already has the knowledge to attract customers; now all you need is the marketing strategy. Seeing growth in your law firm marketing plan isn’t something that will happen overnight – it will take time.
Your law firm marketing will eventually need to be handled by a marketing team, so just remember these are great ways to save you money in the meantime.
Just know that, with some direct marketing changes that are free for you to put into action, your law firm can better measure results and refine marketing strategies based on targeted feedback.
Choose EWR Digital as Your Law Firm’s Internet Marketing Agency
Save yourself the stress and choose EWR Digital to take care of your internet marketing. We have been building brands online since 1999 and bring in guaranteed results. Call us now at (713) 592-6724 and talk about results for your business. Or, you can request online for a proposal and free web analysis. Let us bring you the results you want today!
20 Easy Ways Your Law Firm Can Save Money on Marketing | EWR Digital – Houston, TX