User Experience Audit
What is a User Experience Audit
The audit identifies:
- How your customers are navigating the website
- Where your customers are getting stuck & frustrated
- What parts of your website are driving the most engagement
Who is a User Experience Audit For?
Signs a UX Audit would be beneficial:
Goals and Objectives
- Menu Structure / Site Navigation
- Clear CTAs
- Layout of information
- Visual elements
Review Heat-mapping to understand the following
- User behavior
- Scroll depth
Review Google Analytics to understand the following
- Which pages users advance to from their current page
- Average pages per session
- Bounce rate for highest trafficked pages
How to get started
Schedule Review Call
Review Your Audit
What Clients say about our strategy consulting services
What impact with a User Experience Design Audit have on my business?
What do I need to provide for a User Experience Design Audit?
- Website Access so we can setup heatmapping (which tracks how users are interacting with your website)
- Google Analytics
Those two give us the data and insights necessary to perform an audit.
Can I make my own User Experience Design changes?
Of course if you’d like for this to be a white-glove approach we will help you implement all the changes found in your audit.